Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Zaria-SLJ-Day 1(Exploring The World)

Week 1:Physical Limits
Day 1: Exploring The World
year I am doing the summer learning journey. I have never done this before, so I am looking forward to doing so new learning. My sister however has done this many times before. Let's Start!

Activity 1: Setting Sail
For this task we had to list all the Items we would take on a 3 week voyage. This is because this week we learnt about some Polynesian explorers. 1 amazing explorer is  Nainoa Thompson. He used his ancient knowledge to navigate around the world with a group of people.

Nainoa said that the planning of this voyage took place way back in the 70's when our ancestors invisioned and built this an amazing canoe. The Hokule’a and Hikianalia been on many voyages one being the Naoni a three week voyage, at which you will spend at sea. This voyage to 16 years of consideration before it was decided that they will actually carry out this task.



http://www.hokulea.com/update-point-england-welcome/

pasta, nuts, fruits, vegetables, milk, rice, eggs, canned food, cookies and lollies. I would take pasta because you can make many foods with this item and it is long lasting and not hard to keep edible. I would take nuts because they are healthy and will help to keep energised, nuts don't go bad often. I would take fruits because they are good to eat as snacks and you don't have to prepare them before eating. I would take vegetables, because they are healthy and you can make many dishes with them.

I would take milk because it is healthy and it is good to drink with dry nuts. If you take powdered or warm milk it  can last up to 8 years. I would take rice because it's delicious and easy to store. lastly I would take eggs as they are good to eat and you can use them to make many dishes. Canned foods are also good because they last long and you don't have to cook most of them.  I would take cookies and lollies so I can have a treat from time to time!

Task 2: Discovering Aotearoa
For this task we had to look back into our cultural backgrounds. We had to look at where out ancestors were born. I was born in New Zealand with my sisters. But my parents and my parent's parents were all born in Fiji. My family dates back generations in Fiji!

Activity 3: Scaling New Heights
For this task we had to choose 1 charity out of the 4 options we were given. We the had to learn as much as could about that charity. Afterwards we were to tell you what that charity does!
  
The Charity I chose was SPCA. The SPCA finds animals in need, and they provide them with food, care, and medical treatments. They have seen many bad cases, but they managed to save many animals. When the animals are in good shape they are put up for adoption and given a good home. 

The money that the SPCA make from giving animal to the adopter are then used to save another animal. This charity has made lots of money and save many animals. 
Click this link to adopt today!

That finished the first day of the summer learning journey. I had fun and will continue doing the summer learning journey stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zaria,

    Thank you for sharing your completed activities. Ka pai! They look great.

    I really enjoyed looking at your family tree and seeing where you family comes from. Have you lived in Fiji yourself ever? Or do you visit Fiji every now and then? I'd love to hear all about it :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.