Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Zaria-SLJ-#Day 3 (Team Player)

Week 1: Physical Limits
Day 3: Team Player
Welcome to the third day of the summer learning journey. I have enjoyed doing it so far so let's continue with the 3rd day. Today it is mainly about sports and being a team player. Let's start!

Activity 1: Rugby Superstar

For this task we had to, imagine we were a super hero for a day. We then had to think of 3 super power we would want and why we'd want it. I enjoyed this task and hope you enjoy reading it!

Jonah Lomu is a Rugby Superstar and is like a  real life superhero. He was one of the youngest All blacks player, he started at age 19. He's strong tall and fast. Jonah grew up in a Tongan family in the South-Auckland Mangere. He played touch and league in school but changed to union so he could make a name for himself.




Another real life superhero is Riche McCaw a famous. He was the captain of the All Blacks 2004-2015. He a real role model and great at leading the All Blacks. He was, hard working and served the team well. He was a real team player!

If I could have 3 super powers it would be flight, invisibility and the power to move things with my mind. I'd want these super powers because they would be useful when saving people and everyday life.


I would want flight as it will allow me to get to place really quickly and also reach high up places, in case you didn't know I am very short. It would also help me catch super villains and traffic won't be a problem either. So as far as I'm concerned, this would be a great super power.


Secondly I would want invisibility. I would want invisibility because then I'll be able to catch thieves in the act, and put an end to super villain plots. I would also want invisibility as it would help me do things without getting noticed. I could take extra cookies from the cookie jar and no one would know.




The last super power I would want is the ability to move things with my mind. Because then I would be able to do things without moving. I am quite small and short thus meaning my physical abilities are limited. This super would allow me to do things.






Activity 2: Defying The Odds
For this task we had to think of a basket-ball player, we then had to think of 3 questions we would as them, if we were granted permission to interview them. I enjoyed this task and the basket-ball player I would want interview Valentina Vignali.

Image result for valentina vignali altezzaValentina Vignali is a  Model and basketball player. She is known for her commercial, advertisement and modeling for several different swimsuit brands. Before Valentina was famous she, did modeling at a young age after being involved in athletics. Valentina then appeared on the MTV style The Hottest Swimsuit 2017 which made her pretty famous. She was born and raised in Italy she was and people have said that she is dating Stefan Laudoni. 




https://sushidiscoreggaeton.com/post/171871370993/valentina-vignali-partecipa-a-sunbreak-malta

- How long have you been playing Basket-Ball?
- What part of being a Sports Star do you enjoy the most?
- Did you struggle when you first started playing Basket-ball?

Activity 3: Achieving our Dreams
For this task we had to write about our dream job is. We think of who could help us achieve our dreams and what they could do.
I enjoyed today and can't wait to continue next time I will be posting it will be 2020 have a fun year and can't wait to continue posting!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Zaria, this is Mrs Collins again from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the narrative you shared about choosing your super powers... sometimes being a hero can be fun too, I'm glad you enjoyed the task! What would your superhero name be? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Zaria,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I really enjoyed reading through all your activities. My favourite activity was the one where you shared your dream of becoming a flight attendant. It sounds like you are really committed to getting your dream, and I'm sure all your loved ones will be more than happy to help you achieve it! I know first hand that dreams can not always be completed alone and it is always important to have support :)

    I hope you reach your dreams. I believe in you, Zaria! :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.